So yesterday started out great! Twink went in for the MRI and I was able to stay with her until she was completely out. AS soon as I left the MRI room the nurse greeted me and told me what would take place after she was done with MRI. I did not like what I was hearing. She told me that Twink would not be sedated for either of the other two tests. I tried to protest but it didn't get me anywhere. She told me to hope for the best and maybe she would be sleepy from the anesthesia.
Well guess what! She was not sleepy and she fought! Just like I knew she would and just like I told them she would. I'm not sure who is at fault here but there was some serious mis-communication somewhere. I know that my doctors’ office called and had talk to them last week but who knows what happened. From the MRI we went to the EMG and tried to get that test taken care of. She was too worked up so we decided to move onto the EEG. At this point I was very ticked off. I knew I would have to hold Lia down for the EEG. Sure enough I did but not only do I but two other people along with the lady trying to put leads on her head. It was not fun. No one really believes me when I say I have a strong little girl! I call her the bionic baby! The guy who was helping joked later and said "That work out was better than a Jane Fonda video". They left so I could calm her down and it worked. We were able to get the EEG when one lady returned and it turned out perfect. The lady told me that they should have gone down to the MRI and put the leads on when she was still sedated (which would have been perfect). She felt bad for the way things turned out.
Today Twink is not feeling well. She had a runny nose yesterday but today she is running a fever. Thankfully she didn't run the fever yesterday or they would not have done tests. So thank the Lord it's just a cold and it happened to be today that the fever started. Thanks again for the prayers! We go Friday to find out the results of her tests and to talk to the neurosurgeon. We’ve been waiting for this appointment for what seems like forever!
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
ReplyDeleteso sorry it was so rough, and I'm praying for good results. {hug}
ReplyDeleteYou'll be in my prayers, too! It's hard when doctors don't believe us mothers...our M.O.M. degree is usually more reliable than the DR. behind their name anyhow! Geesh! When will the medical community figure that out!
ReplyDeleteLove, Angie H