Monday, May 12, 2008

He Did It!

Dash did it! He received his trophy this weekend in bible quizzing! I felt like I was sitting on pins and needles waiting to find out. I knew he did very well because I was able to watch him from the door. He had three quizzes of 15 questions. I was not able to watch the first because I was watching Jewel do her quiz. Twink started to get fussy so I went out to the hall and watch. Dash was very excited to see me watching him and started to do very well when he saw me. He told me I was his good luck charm.

My heart sank when they called the bronze winners and they did not call his name because I knew he did not get gold. His name was the first one called for the silver place winner and I thank the Lord because I don't think I could have drove home with him in the car if he didn't get one. You may have heard me around 1:30 Saturday afternoon, that gasp and sigh of relief was me! My guy was flying high.

Jewel's team won first place against three other teams! They all have worked very hard! She did not get a trophy this time but both kids did qualify to go to Virgina the end of June to compete in regionals! Last year Jewel went to Boston and won gold! The other children in our church also did very well and they too all qualified to go to regionals! I'm so proud of them all! It's great to know that our children are learning the word of our Lord.

I promise to post tomorrow about Twink! Her fever is gone and she is doing much better. When Dash gets home I'll get a picture of him with his trophy and ribbon. I'll get a picture of Jewel with her ribbon too.

2 comments:

  1. thanks for update, cheri. joan all good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great news! My sister's boys do Bible Bowl. :)

    ReplyDelete