I was talking to Carla yesterday telling her how I wished I'd get a letter back from Twink's foster parents but not really expecting to get one this soon. Well when I came back from picking Taylor up from school I opened my mail box and an envelope caught my eye. It was the little blue box with the words air mail in it! Wow, that was fast. I think I started to hyperventilate as I started to tear open the envelope and then remember the paper they use is soooo thin. I had to slow down or risk shredding the letter inside. As I opened the letter a wonderful sent came out of the envelope, I can't put my finger on it but it is beautiful. I pulled the letter out and in it were to pictures! Very sweet and I believe the last day she was with her foster family(thanks to date stamps). I will not share those pictures because to me they are personal and show deep sadness. Twink was with them for 20 months and had a foster sibling with her. I'm not sure if that little one was or is still there but you can believe me when I say I will try and find out and at least try and get ONE picture of the two of them.
So of course when I first received the letter it was in Chinese. I posted all of the place to find someone who knew someone who could translate the letter for me. My wonderful friend Stacy (thank you Stacy)was able to put in contact with someone and I had it translated before I went to bed last night! I feel so blessed to have such a wonderful gift of known and communication with her foster family. So many are not given this opportunity for whatever reason and I do not think it is right.
So out of all of my pleas I did come across another site that does translations cheaper than the last person I used last month so I will be using Angela from now on!
what a thill for you to receive this , cheri. we are so happy that this has come about. love joan and bob
ReplyDeleteSo happy for you!!!!
ReplyDeleteI am so happy for you guys! Take Care! Kathie
ReplyDeleteI'm so happy for y'all. That is a very, very priceless gift.
ReplyDelete