Monday, October 20, 2008

Fun Weekend!

Oh my, did we have a busy weekend! Saturday we went and did a Lantern Walk with our local FCC and it was so much fun! We had some amazing Chinese food and the children listen to a story about the significance of the paper lantern. After the story all the children had a chance to make a paper lantern. They had tables set up with different items to decorate the lanterns. We chose a table with markers and stickers. About half way through I realized they had a separate room for toddlers in which they were making their lanterns into bunnies. Now Spitfire would have LOVED that but we could not have picked a better table for Twink. When everyone was finished we went outside and walked around this huge circle. I wish I could show you how beautiful it looked but you'll have to use your imagination. The event had a great turn out and it was a ton of fun! I look forward to it next year!




Sunday we went to a corn maze that opened this year. We had a blast! I can't wait to see what they add for next year. It was so kid friendly and not like the other pumpkin places I've been to. Although they did not have a pumpkin patch it is one of the items they will be adding next year! Spitfire's favorite thing was the corn pit. I must say I really thought Twink would like it but she wouldn't even try it. She loves to play in a much smaller version of it at school but wanted nothing to do with it there. She loved the swing, as always! LOL Enjoy the pictures! I actually added a picture to Spitfire hair cut and glasses post. :)





5 comments:

  1. So... that last photo... is she really, really happy or really, really angry? LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  2. TM, that last photo is what earned her a trip to the car for some down time. I don't think I've heard a child scream so loud in my life! LOL Def. not happy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am SO loving that last picture!!! :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kera looks SO much older with her new haircut and glasses. :)

    and that last photo, yeah, so not happy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks like a really fun family day....and the weather looks like it was really nice for you all. Love Traci

    ReplyDelete