Friday, July 3, 2009

Communication Book

Since I've talked so much about Twinks speech issues I thought I'd show you her book that we, her teachers, and therapists use to communicate with. The book is a binder made up of pictures of things she uses daily and it gives her choices. The pictures are laminated and attached to lamented construction paper. Twink will take off whatever picture she is trying to tell you she wants. In school her favorite song is Twinkle Twinkle Little Star and would pull that off each time her turn came in circle time. They ended up hiding it at the end of the school year at my request. She has now moved on to Wheels on the Bus.




Twinks wonderful ST made this book for us. Did I tell you all that she is finished with EI (early intervention) and on Monday will start her new preschool? She will go from 9-2pm but the bus will pick her up at 7:30am. She will now receive all of her therapies at school and they are all increasing! She will go Monday-Friday and will have three weeks off before she starts up again in September. It will be a long day but she will gain so much out of it. I must admit I do miss her therapists. Not to mention she had the best teacher. They have been with Twink since she came home from China. I do email her ST and I have a couple phone numbers. ;) They have really helped me this year as well.

I was told that it is possible Twink may get to try an electronic communication once she goes to her new school. We shall see what they will try with her.

I was able to capture a video of her with a new word. This may not be a big deal to some but to us we take every word we can get! :)

Oh this is not the video I wanted to upload and no longer have the one I wanted. I had asked Twink how old she was and she answered without me telling her.

5 comments:

  1. She is oh, so sweet! That book is great.
    I wanted to tell you that I don't know what minority the Yunnan set is on the auction. That was the only information Amanda sent with it.
    Have a blessed day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww.... I love hearing her sweet voice! How wonderful she will get all she needs at school! She has made amazing progress!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It sure sounds like you have incredible therapists. I am not giving up on getting to see Evan when we go to Chongqing. I am hoping AWAA may have some pull that the other girls guides did not.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a cutie I love the book idea! It would be great for even old children ccoming home and learning english-we are flash card freaks over here! But a book would be nice!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the book idea! Little T is saying just a few words now too. I know she gets frustrated when we don't know what she is saying. She now signs quite a bit which helps us out tremendously! I'm going to bring up the book idea when her therapies start up in August.

    Hugs,
    Carla

    ReplyDelete