Monday, July 20, 2009

Tubes Are In

Sorry I did not post an update sooner. I've been feeling a bit under the weather. Whenever one of the children come down with croup I do too. I know I know, you've never heard of an adult that has had croup. Well I've had it more than once and it is not fun. My doctor said that he does not see many patients with it but he has had to admit a woman once and place a breathing tube. YIKES!

Twink had her ears cleaned and tubes placed with no problems! It was super fast and we are relieved. She ran a fever the night before so we were unsure if they would even do anything to her. Have I ever told you that Twink despises doctors and nurses? She screams at the top of her lungs. After her tubes were placed we were in recovery and every time the door opened she'd start to cry and point. At first I thought she was pointing to the popsicle that was in the same vicinity but I soon caught on. When the door was closed she was fine but as soon as it opened she wanted OUT!! She was telling me that she wanted to go. As soon as we left all was well.

Twink has been doing great at her new school. We seem to have a poop issue though. I'm not sure what to blame it on. She can not have milk and we have told the school. I believe they were giving her straight juice, something we do not do. We asked them not to do that. I started packing her lunch so that we knew what she was eating. Was better but now we are having issues again. This all started her first day of school. She also increased her medication that day. If it continues we'll have to take her to her doctor and see what is going on. I'm beginning to wonder if it is her medication. Please pray that is not the case.

We have started to work on the potty issue. Twink has cried every time we tried this. The other day I brought it out and she did not cry when we placed her on it. The last couple of nights she has cried when placed on it. Tonight though she produced a drop!! :) I plan on doing this every night to try to get her used to it. Hopefully this will work. I was floored she even sat on it without crying. Baby steps!

We had a fellow bloggy friend stop in for a visit on her way to her family reunion. As you can see Little T and Twink loved to swing. Twink did not want to sit to have her picture taken next to her though. This is what usually happens when we try to do a group picture. A photographer worst nightmare! ;) Are these girls not cute?!?!

3 comments:

  1. I feel terrible now that I haven't yet mailed you the potty party tips. You're doing a great job, though... maybe you won't need them. Regardless, I'm putting it in the mail TODAY. The wishes/ quilt squares can wait.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to hear the tubes went well and that she is doing great in her new school. Praise God for baby steps...count it all joy!!! Love you!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad her doctor's appt went well! I'm with her, the best part of visiting the doctor's is fleeing it ;o)

    I hope you are feeling better Cheri!

    ReplyDelete