Spitfire asked me a question the other day that kind of surprised me. It really shouldn't have but it did. She asked me if her skin was like Twinks?
Spitfire is "getting big". She notices more things. I left my answer simple and told her YES their skin is the same. Twinks skin bleeds like hers, will sunburn if she does not wear sunscreen, and will wrinkle in the bathtub with her if they are in for too long. I told her Twinks skin is just a bit (ok made a little more) darker than hers. I also told her that no one has the same exact skin color. I held my arm up to the two of them and showed her my coloring. I do believe with that she was happy and off she ran.
Many times people will comment on how beautiful Twink is or how beautiful her skin is. I wonder if Spitfire is picking up on those comments. All of our children are beautiful and we tell them that all the time. Now if only everyone would remember to tell ALL the children that then maybe we wouldn't receive these questions.
Great point! I always try to keep it simple with my kids also.
ReplyDeleteWise answer, Mom.
ReplyDeleteaaaah yes, IF ONLY!!
ReplyDeleteLove you all, Sandie