
Today marks 6 months since we received Twink in China! The first picture sums up how Twink felt most mornings in China. She use to wake up and look around wondering what was going on. Many times she'd lay back down. I wonder if she was thinking if I close my eyes will these strange people will be here when I open them again.Look at her today! Only six months with us and she is so different from when we met in China. There are days that it seems like she's been with us for a lifetime and other days not long at all. Twink is making huge strides in attachment and slowly progressing with sensory issues. Only time will tell what she will be able to say and do. I beleive with all my heart this sweet child will overcome many things. It just takes time and I need to remind myself of that.
Twink had a note attached to her on our Metcha Day. It was from her foster parents. Talk about being in shock. We had it translated and in it we received their mailing address and phone numbers! So two weeks ago I sent off a letter to her foster parents via Adell Hall They received that letter and some pictures last week. We were blessed to also receive the camera back from her orphanage director and some addition pictures. So here are the people that took care of Twink until her mommy and daddy could come and get her!

This is her foster mom! Our first clue that she took a passy also! Thank heavens for these pictures! They did not send her passy with her so we had NO idea. Life may have been much easier had we known.
This is her foster dad. This was the day we received her in China. I don't have any of the foster mom on this day, I'm sure she was pretty sad.
Here they all are together. I'm so greatful for these picture! I do have more but these are the ones I love.
This really brings tears to my eyes. She looks so incredibly happy. Whenever you get discouraged Sis, read this post. She really has come a long way...
ReplyDeleteLots of Love, Sis
Happy 6months..the best is yet to come :)
ReplyDeleteWhat an absolutely priceless gift. What I'd give to have pictures and contact info. for Cana's foster family!! It's so wonderful she will have those pictures and sweet faces. Hugs, stacy
I remember those first few days well, and to see her so incredibly happy now. WONDERFUL!
ReplyDeleteLove the foster care photos, such a great gift for her. {hug}
I love the before/after pictures. Wow, on getting pictures from her foster mom and dad. Congrats again. Kathie, Tom and Audrey
ReplyDelete