Thursday, June 5, 2008

Update



First of all a big thanks to all of you who have replied to my "Mixed Feelings" post. Thank you for all of your prayers and support. It really is good to know that in this wonderful adoption process after all is said and done - We are not alone! I'm so grateful for each of you who spoke up to tell me that you too are/were having issues (major-minor- does it matter?) or just wanted to tell me they were thinking of us and praying for us.


Twink went back to the audiologist today and will have the fluid drained on July 22nd and as soon as that is done they will do the hearing tests to determine hearing loss. She may or may not receive tube, depends on what the fluid looks like. I say if your in there you ought to put them in anyways! Our luck we'll be back to do the whole procedure over in 2-3 months! We will find out the results of the hearing tests that day! So after July 22nd there will be no more guessing on whether Twink has any hearing loss. I hate to rush away all of your summers but I sure hope the next couple of weeks go by fast.


Twink has started to improve in a few areas that have been huge obstacles for us. She has started to come to me and lay down for her diaper changing. She does not mind getting in the bathtub but getting washed is still another story. She is also giving kisses! Not just to me anymore but to everyone and she does the cutest pucker! She was so proud of herself the other night, screeching and jumping up and down after each kiss. (Could it be because her mommy made such a big deal out of it?) :) She is just so sweet! I thank Jesus for her and I know one day she will surprise us all, in one way or another!

5 comments:

  1. thanks for the update! She looks great in the photos, and sounds like things are going a little better. I hope these next few weeks fly by for you. {hug}

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad to hear this. Thank you for the update. Hang in there -- each week will feel like progress.

    Hugs, Hugs, Hugs ~ TM

    ReplyDelete
  3. Im gald things are looking up for you. She's a little blessing and You still are in my thoughts and prayers. Love ya

    ReplyDelete
  4. OH MY GOSH!!!!!!!!!Sardines, Anyone?????

    ReplyDelete
  5. Meant the sardine comment for the funny, Sandie Cary

    ReplyDelete