Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Third Cast

So really this is our second round of casting but Twink's third cast. The casting went much like it did the fist time only I did not have to go back and hold her! :) She was not happy and I could hear her clear down the hall. As soon as she was in the car she was a much happier girl.

While at the office I met another AP of a little girl with cp from Russia. Her condition was much more severe than Twin's. We chatted for a few minutes and she asked if we tried constraint induced therapy. I was excited to show her Twin's cast and explain how we were doing things and how well it's been working for Twin. I think she knew we were there for that and that was her way of asking. She is new to our state and I was able to point her to our developmental doctor whom I love so much.

Twin seems to be tolerating her medication well so far. We are slowly working up to to her full dose. It will probably be another week before she is at full strength. Oh and Twin will be 3 years old on the 15th! :) I guess I better get planning some thing if we are to have a party. Last year we were not home a month yet. Not to mention I went out to get a cake and came across a serious car accident. We will not have a repeat of last year!

So that is what is going on with our girl. We don't have another appointment until the end of the month and that should be an interesting one! (I'm rolling my eyes)

No comments:

Post a Comment