Saturday, September 19, 2009

Hey Lady!

Yes you, the RUDE customer from Barnes & Nobles. When I am comforting my daughter who is clearly upset about something she wants but is unable to tell me just what it is, you really should have just kept walking. I know you have no idea that she has problems with communication or sensory issues, why would you?!?! If her crying bothered you SOOOO much why did you come over to where we were? Was that dirty look necessary? I know the second one was not. Were you surprised when I asked you if you had children? I know I sure was. I bet you were even more surprise at the other customers comments to you after your snide reply back! :) I think you would have been happier to see me screaming & spanking my child rather than holding her and rubbing her back. Thankfully I had a friend that just happen to be there and fellow costumers who where just awesome! Maybe next time you'll just go to another section of the bookstore instead of looking for a reason to look at someone in judgement.

7 comments:

  1. wow. what a day :( that is so sad :( why is it others think they know everything!

    sorry yall had this happen,
    Blessings,
    Tami
    PRAYING JEREMIAH HOME QUICKLY
    www.tillGodbringsthemhome.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. ummm, WOW. So sorry you had to go through that. *shaking my head* and OH am I so glad I wasn't there with you, I doubt I could have been as nice as you most likely were.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Grrr... my blood is boiling for you and I wasn't even there! This took me back to when the Tongginator was not yet two. We were in the back of the grocery store and the place lost power. It went pitch black... and the Tongginator, of course, completely freaked. But I couldn't hold her because she still didn't like to be touched - THAT made things worse. So some idiot comes over to me, yells at me for being a bad mom and grabs my child from the cart to hold her as soon as the emergency lights came on. I think the bruises she got taught her a valuable lesson. And now I'm feeling guilty because I'm hoping your stranger got a few bruises, too. So... did she?

    ReplyDelete
  4. So I guess you had a bad day at the bookstore? :)
    So sorry. Did you get your book? I hope it is a really good book. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am sorry, Cheri. I know that I have been the one to judge someone else's parenting on occasion (although, admittedly, only to myself). That was before. God is teaching me through my own experiences that I do not have all the information and therefore I need to refrain from thinking negatively about the behavior of someone else's child or the way they are handling them.

    ReplyDelete
  6. How frustrating that must have been! Thankfully, it seems you had some support around you. Its stressful enough trying to comfort an upset child in a public place. Some people just don't get it.

    Hugs!
    Robin

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ugh...sorry you had to go through that Cheri. But so glad you had a some sweet guardian angels on your side!

    Hugs,
    M~

    ReplyDelete