Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Tasty Tuesday



Chocolate Peppermint Bark

Ingredients:
1 pound dark chocolate chips
1 pound white chocolate chips
1/2 teaspoon peppermint extract
3/4 cup crushed peppermint candies, such as Candy Canes or Starlight mints



Instructions:
Step 1: Line a 13 x 9 inch pan with foil.  Set aside.

Step 2: In top of a double-boiler or in microwave (I used the microwave), melt dark chocolate chips.  Spread into prepared pan.  Refrigerate until JUST ABOUT set, about 15-20 minutes.  The just about part is important as this will help meld your chocolate together.

Step 3: In top of a double boiler or in  microwave, melt white chocolate chips.  Stir in peppermint extract.  Spread on top of dark chocolate.  Sprinkle with crushed peppermint candies.

Step 4: Refrigerate until set, about an hour.  Remove from pan and break into pieces.  Store at room temperature.

1 comment:

  1. You kill me with these Tasty Tuesday pictures, you know?

    This one is making my mouth water and I want some RIGHT now, but it came just in time to be included in my mega baking day tomorrow!! I'll have to wait one more day!

    ReplyDelete