Bebo has been a part of our family for one month! I can hardly believe how fast time has gone by now that he is with us. Life at home is going very well. He has adjusted great to his surroundings and his new family. I don't want to give the illusion that we do not have any problems because we do. It seems that when we correct a behavior Bebo automatically turns into himself. He stops making eye contact and just refuses to move. I'm not sure what he is thinking and to be honest it makes me a bit crazy. It's almost as if he is testing me. He does not do it as much with The Count but then again I am home with him most of the day. If anyone has any suggestions I am open to them.
Bebo is picking up sign language at lightening speed. He knows 3/4 of the alphabet and I've been working with him less than a week with it. I broke it down for him and it's almost too easy for him. He is practicing his hand writing, letter and color recognition. He does not like to sit down and do work but once he sits to do the work he is fine. He is so bored at home and ready to go to school. We go for his intake process next week so that should be exciting and scary all at once for him. I'm not sure where we go from there though.
Did I mention that he and Spitfire are connected at the hip? She just adores him. She helps him with whatever he needs and just looks out for him over all. Lia thinks nothing of him. Bebo loves to rub Twinks head or her cheek. It's very sweet to see him interact with her. He is definitely used to playing with younger children. Maybe I should say looking after them. If she cries he will pat her head or her arm. He loves babies!!! Anytime there is a baby around he needs to see that baby.
The above pictures were taken yesterday. Neither were very willing at first. I had to tell them that after we did pictures we could eat lunch! LOL Both were very happy to hurry and have their pictures taken. I also had to place some silly action figure on my head for them to even look in my direction. Oh what we won't do for a couple of pictures! ;) I have pictures starting from Lia looking at Evan like there was no way she was sitting next to him having her picture taken with him, to him smelling her hair and the two of them cracking up. Too sweet!
I can't believe it has been a month! Wow time sure goes by fast.
ReplyDeleteI can't believe it has been a month!
ReplyDeleteWe just past three months! I am so
happy things are going so well and
Evan is adjusting and learning so
quickly. Kera sounds like Jaden with
Sarah. So Sweet!
Wow! Goes by fast. 2 years later with Audrey and we still have some issues. She is STUBBORN!! you cross her the wrong way or tell her no and she can stare you down and not budge. She could stay in time out forever and not apologize :) So glad you all are doing so well! Kathie
ReplyDeleteGlad to hear things are going well. Whenever I correct Ivy for something, she just sits silently, not looking at me (I then make her look at me), and I show her the right way to do something (she takes things out of people's hands). She usually cries. Then I love her up, hug her, and tell her I love her very much. She is usually her old self again with 10 minutes. She's figuring out that I love her unconditionally, but will not put up with her whining or pouting. Always love them after correction. It really lets them know it is for keeps.
ReplyDeleteGreat post Cheri!
ReplyDeleteAs for the testing and going back into himself, BTDT. No real advice, but just keep doing what you're doing. S still shuns us when we have to correct her but she doesn't tantrum anymore (usually unless she is really tired) and she comes back around usually within minutes versus sometimes hours or more.
It is for sure testing I'd say. HUGS!