Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Small Update

Please don't forget to help pass the word about Cerebral Palsy Awareness Month. The month is almost over but there is still many people to educate about CP. I've only had one person (Carla) help in my efforts to raise awareness! I know there are more people out there who would love to win a beautiful apron and help out the children still sitting on the China waiting child list or in our local foster homes find forever families!


Posted by Picasa
Bebo went to the dentist yesterday and we thought for sure he would need some major dental work. To our amazement he does not. Seven years in an orphanage with a repaired cleft palate and his teeth are beautiful! He had severe plaque build up that made his teeth look like they had cavities. They were able to use a high powered "water pic" and take every last piece of plaque off his teeth! His brown and in some areas gray teeth are now white. Praise God, we are amazed! He did great but his gum line is very sore.

We received Bebos progress reports from Half the Sky Foundation. They are priceless! We received 14 new photos and brief little snippets about him. We are awaiting MORE in paper form. You see HTS change to a digital format a couple years ago so we will receive paper reports from his early years! I am forever grateful for the people who may have sponsored our little guy over the last 6 years! We are planning on waiting until all the files are together and making him two books, one he look at now and one for later.

I have something important I'll be talking about in the next couple of days. Hope you all are having a great week!

4 comments:

  1. It's nice to know someone who adopted from HTS - a couple of years ago we sponsored a "baby sister", and kept making small donations... My husband sometimes wonders if the donations really end up helping the children, so it was great reading about Evan!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great news! I love HTS. I really believe they are the reason Ruthie adjusted so well. I am going to be doing a giveaway soon to raise awareness for them. Great organization!

    ReplyDelete
  3. it seems like evan is taking each new thing that comes his way in stride and being real brave. he trusts you guys and know you are taking good care of him.

    looking forward to meeting our 13th granchild. papa and meme

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hugs, some days are better than others! God will see you through all! Get out in the sun and have some fun, you too Mom! I know it helps me-Go be a kid with your kids, who cares if the house work doesnt get done as long as your feeling good!

    ReplyDelete