The reason for moving my blog address and giving my children nicknames is because they are getting older and I wanted them to have a little bit of privacy. We've also had a peeping Tom snooping around our house. Jewel saw heard this person knock on the window downstairs shortly after we arrived back from China. This is not the first time we've had one. Jewel waited almost two weeks to tell us about the incident. It did freaked her out quite a bit.
I'm also very careful not to blog where we live. I always say north east but never give my state. If someone does place where live in their comments I will not be able to post their comments. Same with the kids real names. We can never be too careful when it comes to safety and our children. I went to an internet safety awareness at the kids school and it really opened my eyes.
I also just wanted to move so that I had a bit more freedom to post my feelings. Now that family is one blog and adoption community/friends is on another I don't have to worry and can be even more open. I can touch on a few things that I wouldn't if the family were to read.
So please, use the nicknames and if you know where I live please do not post it or I will not be able to approve your post. I hope that clears up why I moved and why I am using nicknames. :)
*So I was the first offender of using the kids name! LOL Thanks Carla for giving me the heads up.
It's HARD to remember to use their nicknames on the blog as you are thinking their real names as you type. :)
ReplyDeleteOh I am so glad that you are still around. Ok...that is SO scary about the peeping tom! Makes me rethink using our kids names on our blog...so glad to still be in touch!
ReplyDeleteLove the kids' photos on the side and your new design. Thanks so much for including me on your list. Blessings, Wendy
ReplyDeleteSorry to hear about the issues you have been having. How scary.
ReplyDelete