I called the office last week because we had been waiting three months just for an appointment only to find out our paperwork was sitting in a pile waiting to be looked at! Grrrrrr I was then told the doctor that we were referred to only works three days a week and it will take some time to get into see her. I asked to be put on the cancellation list so they put Twink on. Well I received a call that they had TWO openings in one day! So of course I took one.
Guess what - It was not the doctor we were suppose to see! They have two doctors in the practice and we actually see the "other" doctor for my son. We really wanted to see the doctor we were suppose to see because I could understand her better. Don't get me wrong, I like this doctor. Sometimes it can be hard to understand him and with Twink's case being a little more complex I was nervous. It all worked out though. He told me that if Twink was to have another seizure that she would have to be put on medication. He did tell me that febrile seizures do NOT usually last 60+ minutes. So only time will tell and I do feel better now that I've talked to him. Praying it was a one time event.
Glad to hear your appointment went well. All the appointments can be overwhelming at times, I know all to well. But I am always happy when they go as planned.
ReplyDeleteCarla
glad you got in to see someone. what a god thing. hope she doesnt have another seizure nor have to take any meds for it. joan
ReplyDelete