Well it was normal! Can you believe that, normal. The neurologist did say that seizure activity can take place deep within the brain and not be picked up on an EEG. He did want to put her on a medication called Dilantin but it required blood draws every 6-8 weeks so I requested a different drug. I told him that she has already been through so much that if there was something else we could use I would rather try that. I also told him that it took my husband and I to hold her down for the EEG. I can't imagine doing that every 6-8 weeks. He told me the only other med we could use was phenobarbital which is just as bad and would also require the blood draws. He did tell me because she has only had two (but lengthy) seizures he would let us try rectal Valium at the on set of her next seizure. If that does not stop the seizure then we would then have to start medication. :(
So the good news is we did not start any permanent medication yet. The bad news is we will more than likely have to start medication within the next year. The Dilantin does terrible things to teeth so I pray that they would do another EEG first.
Tuesday we go for ear tubes and a sedated hearing test. Also just so you all know my husband and I (and our church) have been working extremely hard on redoing a house for our new pastor and his family who will be moving here next weekend. So if I have not been to your blog in two weeks that is why. We only had three weeks to get this house in tip top shape. Seems like I have not visited anyone in so long. Hope all is well with you.
Great news about the normal EEG! We'll pray that if she happens to have anymore of these seizures that the rectal medicine will work for her :-) Also, congrat's on getting a new pastor! I'm sure everyone feels like it is long overdue. Love Traci
ReplyDeleteCheri, so glad the results were normal. Our God is so good and I know that He is going to continue to guide and direct you concerning the right medication for her seizures.
ReplyDeleteI am so happy that your church has finally found a pastor. I know that is something that has weighed heavy on your heart for a while. I will be praying for the preparations for their home and for the transition into your church family.
Have a wonderful day!
That is wonderful news Cheri! I hope they find the right medicine to help her without too many side effects. ((HUGS))
ReplyDeleteI am so happy to hear the news that everything came back normal. We will continue to pray that her seizures won't happen again and pray specifically that she won't need the medicines.
ReplyDeleteI can only imagine how hard you have been working on the house. I know you can't wait for your new pastor and his family to come. Soooo awesome!!