Thursday, August 28, 2008

Where'd Summer Go?

All I can say is WOW, summer went by really fast and I am dreading winter! LOL All of the children start school next week (I'm soooo excited). Jewel is actually starting back to public :( and will be in 7th grade. Dash will be in 4th grade and Spitfire will be starting pre-K which will be everyday (1/2 days). Twink will be starting a developmental pre-school which will be two days a week (1/2 day). She will receive some of her therapies at school and will also receive some at home. I think this will be great for her but I must admit I am a weeeeee bit nervous! LOL I just think of all the germs and then I think of her getting sick and then the seizures and then my mind goes a little crazy. It is out of my hands and I must give it over to the Lord.

We went away last weekend and I would like to say it was relaxing but how could it be with two toddlers!?!? I think I was delusional when I thought it would be. ;) We did have fun between the kids arguing and the melt downs though. We rented a cottage in the mountains on a lake (more like a cliff over looking a lake). Oh I must tell you, TJewel, Spitfire and I took a paddle boat out on the lake for an hour. Well about 5 minutes into our ride we could no longer peddle. We could not for the life of us figure out what was wrong. I got off my seat and went towards the front of the boat and realized the string that tied the boat to the dock fell into the water and wrapped around the peddles! So here we are in the middle of the lake unable to peddle and all but two boat just returned to shore! Spitfire by this point was ready to get out. I was able to yell to the closet boat (which happened to be two kids ages 10 and 12) and they were able to pull us in while their mom snapped pictures of the rescue! LOL Spitfire was determined she was not getting back into another boat BUT we got her in and we went out for a bit and was able to find our cabin where Daddy and Dash were waiting for us. The ride didn't last long because Spitfire (who was hanging on for dear life) started to cry so we headed back in towards dry land.

















We hit the water park the day before and I must say I like going in the middle of the week. Twink hates water so it was not much fun for her but as long as she was not set in the water she was fine. Spitfire on the other hand loved it!






I'm sure I've missed telling you some thing but I must go and visit some of your blogs! Oh yes, we finished our pastors house! It looks great and we are so happy they arrived safely!

5 comments:

  1. It looks like you guys had alot of fun!!! Love the pictures. ~Sis

    ReplyDelete
  2. look at her slide all the way down!

    and boy does that cabin look nice too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like you had a fun time. Sorry, I had to laugh out loud at your boat story only because it sounds like something that would happen to me! Hope the kids have a wonderful first week of school next week and I'm glad the pastor's house turned our great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you had a fun time and that is great news about her hearing. Still haven't done the think you tagged me to do...maybe next week?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great photos and I am so glad you guys made it back to shore. Love the cabin and the smiles on everyones faces.

    Hugs,
    Jonni

    ReplyDelete