
Twink's OT came today and one thing that we really wanted to work on was using utensils with Twink. We have been feeding Twink since we've brought her home from China. Today with a little guidance she started to self feed! :) This is HUGE in my book. We are going to look for bowls and plates with suction cups or non-skids on the bottom because right now the bowl scoots across the table and she becomes frustrated. For those who don't know, Twink had a stroke in utero which has cause mild cerebral palsy. (Stacy I owe you an e-mail and it is coming)
I must also add that she figured out how to tip her own sippy back and drink sitting up by herself today also. She REALLY like us to hold it like it is a bottle and when we don't she has a total melt down. I tried it at dinner and she did not want anything to do with the sippy. One thing and day at a time.
Here is a little video clip of Twink feeding herself! I was so proud and I'm glad my camera was right there so I could capture it. :) Her daddy couldn't wait to get home and see it! Thanking God for every little miracle he decides to give us. :)
The video made me cry...what an amazing milestone. I will never get over God's goodness.
ReplyDeleteI accidently found your blog, and have a daughter similar to yours (except mine has left side hemiparesis). Hers is similar to a stroke, but related to brain surgery she had for a rare disease. If you want to see what is possible for kids like ours, check out our blog. We grapple with some of the issues I read about in your blog - we found the perfect brace for the foot issue, and our daughter also works on using a fork in her "sleepy" hand. We are considering adoption, and are looking at children like our daughter, or those with mild CP like your daughter. She is a lovely little girl.
ReplyDeleteLOL...I thought I might of said something to upset you. I remember you telling me she had a stroke in-utero but didn't remember she was diagnosed with mild CP. Go figure ;)
ReplyDelete