Monday, September 29, 2008

Submucous Cleft Palate

OK, our speech therapist just left and now I'm sitting here in a daze. When she first started seeing Twink she had told me that it was possible that Twink had a submucous cleft palate. She told me that there would be no know way of knowing until Twink started talking more. If she tried to do an oral exam on her she would freak out so we didn't push it.

Well today Twink was playing with me and she opened her mouth wide enough for her to do an exam. She did see what she believes is a submucous cleft palate. So she is sending a referral to the cranio-facial team and I'm sure we'll have an appointment scheduled within a week or two. I know they are a busy office and I hope we don't have an appointment until November or December! LOL Never a dull moment and you can usually count us in for a medical appointment. :)

4 comments:

  1. Oh, goodness. Well, the good news is that treatment always helps.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Cheri,
    Not sure what the submucous CP is exactly. But let me know if I can help you in any way or answer any questions. I know what we have already done, and what is to come surgery wise for Charlotte.

    Carla L.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am thinking of you guys and know that everything will be okay, but sorry to hear that you have another thing to deal with. I am so glad that it is somewhat easily treatable.

    Hugs.
    Jonni

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hugs! But I'm glad she was finally able to see in her mouth!!

    ReplyDelete