We finally have a date set for Twink's botox injections. This will help relax the muscles that are tight in her right arm and right thumb. It is set for November 3rd and then on the 14th we are going to cast her unaffected arm or lack of a better term "good" arm. (I really don't like using good arm bad arm) This is in hopes to have Twink start using her right arm and hand more. She has actually started to use the arm more but not the hand. She is going to be very frustrated and very angry. If you could all keep us in your thoughts and prayers that would be great.
I was also able to schedule an appointment with the new neurologist. That visit won't happen until the end of December. Man, that seems so far away. I'm praying that everything goes smooth until we see them. It sounds like a very busy practice that attracts three different states! (YIKES) I know our state is in desperate need of good neurologists right now.
Twink's evaluation for the next step of EI is coming up. She will actually move out of EI and into the school system. That eval is next week with a CP group. I am excited about that because I am in hopes that maybe they can answer a few questions that I have. If they have an opening in one of the preschools then she will be placed in one of the five schools they have. It will be five days a week and five hours a day. She will receive therapy EVERYDAY!! This is something Twink is in need of. Her speech right now for an almost three year old is at 9-12 months. She is making improvements, slowly. Sigh
My next area of concern is does she fit in? I know she is a bit more *special* than some but let me tell you, she knows what your talking about. There are times she could careless what is going on around her and other times she def. wants in on the actions. She is frustrated when she can not get her point across or tell you what is going on. I've noticed we are not asked out on play dates which saddens me. Is it me or is it her or both. I fear things will only get worse as she gets older. I pray that this is just me being silly but it is a concern. I have an opportunity to talk to her teacher on Friday and will see how things are going in the class room. I am starting to catch a glimpse of what our future looks like with people on the outside world.
I want a bubble!
No need to respond to the last paragraph, it's more for me to get out my thoughts. Just an FYI, I am thinking of going private on the blog. If you'd like to continue reading please send me an e-mail so I have it in case I do.
I was also able to schedule an appointment with the new neurologist. That visit won't happen until the end of December. Man, that seems so far away. I'm praying that everything goes smooth until we see them. It sounds like a very busy practice that attracts three different states! (YIKES) I know our state is in desperate need of good neurologists right now.
Twink's evaluation for the next step of EI is coming up. She will actually move out of EI and into the school system. That eval is next week with a CP group. I am excited about that because I am in hopes that maybe they can answer a few questions that I have. If they have an opening in one of the preschools then she will be placed in one of the five schools they have. It will be five days a week and five hours a day. She will receive therapy EVERYDAY!! This is something Twink is in need of. Her speech right now for an almost three year old is at 9-12 months. She is making improvements, slowly. Sigh
My next area of concern is does she fit in? I know she is a bit more *special* than some but let me tell you, she knows what your talking about. There are times she could careless what is going on around her and other times she def. wants in on the actions. She is frustrated when she can not get her point across or tell you what is going on. I've noticed we are not asked out on play dates which saddens me. Is it me or is it her or both. I fear things will only get worse as she gets older. I pray that this is just me being silly but it is a concern. I have an opportunity to talk to her teacher on Friday and will see how things are going in the class room. I am starting to catch a glimpse of what our future looks like with people on the outside world.
I want a bubble!
No need to respond to the last paragraph, it's more for me to get out my thoughts. Just an FYI, I am thinking of going private on the blog. If you'd like to continue reading please send me an e-mail so I have it in case I do.
I will be praying for all of you. What a blessing to be able to get all the therapies she needs at school.
ReplyDeleteI am sure you will continue to see her impove by leaps and bounds.
As for playdates, you just need to move to GEORGIA and have them with us!!! LOL
Please keep me on your list if you go private.
You are always in my thoughts and prayers. I keep a picture of lIa in my wallet as a reminder.
ReplyDeletePs. I love reading your blogs SO keep me in lol
{hug} We've never been asked on many playdates (well hardly any at all), so I feel your pain there.
ReplyDeleteI will keep you in my prayers, and we'll have to talk again soon.
Well, I know we chatted today but I wanted to drop in and let you know I'm praying for the upcoming appointments.
ReplyDeleteI know you said we didn't need to respond to your last paragraph but I wanted to encourage you a bit...It is hard not to want to get on our tip toes and look as far into the future as we can, wondering what life will be like in 2 months, a year, 5 years, etc.
I heard somewhere recently that if we knew what was ahead (good and bad), we would never think we could get through the tough times that were on our way. We would be so focused on the hard times that were coming that we would forget to live. Forget to laugh and love, forget to trust that no matter what, God is still on His throne and in control.
There are amazing blessings in store for you, for Lia and your entire family. God is working in you and through you and He never, not even for a moment or to blink, takes His eyes off of you! He sees you today, He sees you in tomorrow. He sees you and your precious baby, all the challenges and joys you will share together and He will carry you through it all.
I read a book called Grace Walk recently...one part of it talked about how the author doesn't believe that saying, "God will never give you more than you can handle" His point was...if we could handle it, we wouldn't need God! He goes on to say that God gives us more than we can handle so we will give up ourselves and our ability to try and do it ourselves and just fall into the mighty arms of our Savoir and let Him handle what ever we are going through. He then gets the glory and honor and He is worthy of it!!!
Anyway, sorry for such a long comment, I probably should have just emailed you! If you do go private on your blog, please add me to your list of readers!
Hugs!!! If you do go private I'd like to keep reading.
ReplyDelete{hug} My friend...
ReplyDeleteand sorry, TAG!
Please keep me in if you go private! I will soon have some of the same questions and concerns regarding therapy, as we leave next Thursday (it feels so good to write that!) As far as th playdates, pre-school may be the best answer. I just came out of a kindergarten class grinning, because those kids really have it down! They rejoice when everyone does well and rally together when someone is struggling. I am pretty sure that is why Christ calls us to be childlike.
ReplyDelete