Tuesday, January 27, 2009

School Days

Last week I decided to go to Twink's school and hang out for the day. We brought in mini-cupcakes for Twink's birthday. I must say it was great watching her with her teachers, therapist and friends. I've worked with most of her teachers and therapists at our house but there were a few that I have not.

You can see the young lady in the picture below is playing with Twink in the sensory table. That table is full of bird seeds. I can tell you most of the kids LOVE this table. Twink really seems to like this young lady.
In the picture below the young lady is scooting her hidden hand towards Twink and she lets out a squeal when her hand pops up and out. They must have done this for 15 minutes.
This is Twink's main teacher. She is great and has been doing this for 30+ years. We've only had her since September but she is really sweet with all the kids.
Here you can see Twink is in motion and another teacher's aide behind her. Well you see my daughter has claimed a rocking chair in her class room. None of the other children are allowed to sit in it during circle time unless Twink gets up to sit in another chair. The reason she is allowed "the chair" is it helps keep her focused. She will sit and rock the whole story and listen. She used to get up and move about the room. When it is time to stand up for song she does it with no problems but also knows when it's done to turn and sit in her chair. She was rocking so hard I thought she was going to go over backwards. I believe that is why the aide is behind her.
Twink is enjoying her 2nd mini cupcake that we sent in. She really liked those. I had a picture of her drinking for an open cup but it must not have down loaded! She is doing pretty good with that as long as they don't fill it too full.
Here is her PT! :) We have been working with her since Feb 08 and I love her! She is probably the only Asian person Twink sees on a regular basis. I believe she came from the Philippines. She works Twink quite a bit but it's been great to see her progress.

I love the last two pictures, it just shows how much she loves Terry! Only once did I see her get frustrated during the day and that was because I was not doing some thing she wanted me to do. I'm so glad that she received a spot in this class. She moves on come June.
So there you have it, this is what Twink's day is like when she goes to school. Hope you enjoyed the pictures! :)

3 comments:

  1. Love the pictures!! I think I would like a bird seed table too!

    She is such a beauty- great to see her progress!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is like a flashback for me. Thanks for sharing the photos. And I'm really glad that they are seeing progress (the circle time/ rocking chair is GREAT).

    ReplyDelete
  3. YEAHHHH! Glad tests came out okay. I can see how happy she is playing at school. We certainly miss you guys. Love SIL

    ReplyDelete