Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Home Project

Lately I've been wanting to hang some pictures up from our trip to China. Now I would claim them as mine but you see we had an awesome photographer in our travel group. So Carla was ever so nice to share her photo's with me! ;) I see that I forgot to finish centering the pictures. LOL I'm not done with the book case. I'd like to do some thing more but not sure what. The embroidery that is hanging is of the Yi Minority. If you could see the fine needle point you'd been impressed. This piece is 150 years old. Having finished this wall has really made our family room pop.


Below is a chart of sorts with pictures we can pull off. We are trying to use this with Twink. It is suppose to help her tell us what she wants without the frustration. It is also to help her transition into some thing without tantrums. Only thing is, she totally understands us but the pictures help reinforce what is about to happen. It is our hope that she will begin to pull these off and bring them to us when she is hungry or needs to be changed. We will see how well it works.

** Picture Removed**

Her hearing test went as well as I thought it would! LOL The child wanted nothing to do with it. She has pressure in her ears again. I'm thinking it is wax build up as they could not see her ear drum. So we have a solution we have to put in her ears to help reduce the wax. We will return in a couple of months and see how things look. Otherwise all is well. :)

7 comments:

  1. love the pictures and set up. we are anxious to see everything. glad test went ok. certainly was thinking about you. love bob and joan

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks like something out of a magazine. I must say that it looks just as gorgeous in person.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous! I wish I had a decorator's eye. We have lots of "stuff" from China, but it's place around the house in random locations. LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I love it!

    Now, not all of those photos are from me. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely decorating!

    I'm trying to put together a similar chart only in greater detail... sort of a step-by-step, to help Elaine remember the steps she needs to accomplish in order to complete a task..like bathing, getting dressed in the morning etc.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hurray for the picture schedule!!
    Sorry for the lack of cooperation and results from the hearing test :(

    ReplyDelete