Thursday, May 21, 2009

Art Show

First off let me thank Rebecca for updating the header with some recent pictures of the children. We felt like we were looking at baby pictures! LOL OK well maybe they were not that old but almost a year and a half.

Last week Jewel had some art work entered into the art show at school. Here are two of the three piece her art teacher selected to enter into the show. Unfortunately she could not find her third piece when we were looking for it that night. it is a big event. I know that at least 4-12 grade is involved in it and I want to say that the younger grades are too but I can not be certain.


Dash did not have any art work selected but he did find a piece of his hanging on the hall walls leading to the room that held the art show. So I snapped a picture of his also! :) I think it's pretty darn good.


Yesterday I decided our lamp post needed a little TLC. You see the first year we lived here I planted a clematis and in it never really did very well. Three years ago I planted some different things and it looked cute. It came in last year looking great but that stinking clematis started growing like crazy climbing the poll, covering the lights (even though I had tore it out) it was out of control. Well it killed my flowers. At the end of last year I killed everything at the lamp post. Weeds, flowers and the clematis! It worked and I've had no real growth this year. Just in case, I sprayed all the little green things again before I applied 240lbs of top soil a huge bag of mulch. Looks so much better.

There was a huge rock with our house number on it where you see the brown paper and the hole.
A little to close but I am a bit paranoid and did not want you to see my rock with our house number on it! ;)

2 comments:

  1. loved your blog. all of it. the pics are great as well as the art work, and flowers. you certainly do keep busy. joan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't you just love scanners?
    Mine is currently not connected and I miss it!
    I love the photo's.

    You have inspired me to get flowers today! The girls loved yours so that's what we'll be doing today.

    Natalie

    ReplyDelete