Friday, May 22, 2009

CIT 3 Weeks Down!


I can hardly believe it but we are now working towards four weeks with the cast on. This is the longest Twink has had the cast on. I spoke with her teacher today and she told me that she has seen Twink more frustrated with this casting. A couple of times they have had her completely lose it at school and when this child has a melt down it can go on for awhile.

Good news is her teacher and OT have noticed that her fine motor skills are improving! :) See all that hard work is paying off. She is still doing things with her left arm but not like she could before. The cast is actually suppose to include the elbow but for some reason her therapist that does the casting does not cast her arm that way. She might actually benefit more if it was done properly.



These pictures are hard to come by. She is usually full steam ahead and not straight faced. I must say I was in the right place at the right time for this picture. :)

Can you see what hand she is using?!?! I believe I was telling her to use her right hand.
Only appliance that is magnetic (darn stainless steel)! She loves this toy. She was dancing along to the music. Too bad I didn't video it.
We will do a word count at the end of next week and see how many more words Twink can do. See before the cast went on we did a word count. Every time the cast is placed on Twink becomes more vocal. This time we decided we'd actually track it. So her ST and I sat down and made a list. I think we came up with 35-40 words. Not very good for an almost 3 1/2 year old but for some one who had a stroke it's great. For a little girl who's stinky (old) neurosurgeon said she'd never talk, I hope we see him one day so we can show him how wrong he was. :)

Keep up all the hard work baby girl we are so proud of you!

2 comments:

  1. YAY!!!! You made it through 3 weeks....

    and Phhhpt on that neurosurgeon. I still fully intend to be there when she graduates college! I really do. That girl is going to amaze all of us, I can just feel it. ;)

    ReplyDelete