
CHICKEN RIGGIES
Ingredients:
1 1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1 1/2 sticks (3/4 cup) butter or margarine
1/2 pint heavy cream
2 cups chicken broth
2 to 3 red and/or green bell peppers, cut into strips
1 to 2 medium onions, diced
2 to 3 cloves garlic, minced
olive oil (as needed)
3/4 cups plain tomato sauce (I use one LARGE can of Hunts sauce)
Hot Cherry peppers (to taste)
1 cup GOOD grated cheese
1 1/2 tbsp cornstarch
1/4 cup GOOD white wine
2 pounds rigatoni, uncooked
Cooking Instructions:
Step 1: In a large pan, melt butter and saute peppers and onions until soft and onions are translucent. Add garlic and cook about 1 minute more. Remove and put aside.
Step 2: Put chicken in pan and cook until lightly brown. You may have to add some olive oil, as there may not be enough butter. Add peppers and all other ingredients (except macaroni) and simmer about 1 hour.
Step 3: Cook rigatoni according to package directions.
Step 4: Pour chicken mixture over cooked pasta and toss.
OH YEA,that looks YUMMY!! Hope you are all doing good. Crazy times lately!!
ReplyDeleteThis looks so yummy! Doesn't butter make everything better! I am trying to lose a few pounds before our China trip, so I will have to appreciate your beautiful dinner via the picture only. Thanks for sharing, I will try when we get home!
ReplyDelete