Thursday, October 22, 2009

Sick Kiddo's

I know I've been around much these days but half of my crew has been sick. They all went to school on Monday but Spitfire came home from school that afternoon and you could just tell she did not feel well. One look at her eyes and I knew she was running a fever. Sure enough she was 102.2 and all she wanted to do was go to bed. Jewel complained her throat was hurting and she ran a temp of 100.5.

Our schools have been hit HARD with H1N1, strep and the stomach bug. The school nurses office should have had a revolving door from what I heard. The student parking lot at the high school looked like it does after school with just a few stray cars. Jewel is back at school today and Spitfire is still out and probably will be tomorrow as well. She is still running a fever.

She was just sick a couple of weeks ago with fevers as well as was Twink. Many of you know how nervous we become when Twink has a fever. We were very blessed the last time as she did not have an seizures with her high temps. Normally that would have sent her into one. It seems the medication is working. We are praying that this flu season is easy on her little body and the rest of the children. No more sickness!

Hope the rest of you are staying healthy!

5 comments:

  1. So sorry! We are just now finally well from the h1n1 and other sinus stuff. Hope you stay well! No more sickness is right!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I think we are seeing the swine flu everywhere, my daughter brought it home a week ago, it's that fever that is so worrysome. So sorry it has hit your home too:(

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so sorry.
    Praying for you to stay healthy
    and all your little ones to get
    better.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Its going around I know people who are really sick as well AHHHH lol I hope you guys feel better, I will be praying for you guys. Hey Cheri do you have txting??? Cause I send out a daily scripture and take requests daily. Would you like to be apart of that?? Or even anyone you know who might want to be on it. I dont mind either way,But I would suggest you have txting cause they do send out everyday

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi, hope you guys get healthy. We're in the same boat. Hugh and Audrey were both sick with fevers and some odd gingivitis in their mouths early September. Emma, Owen and Hugh (again) are the latest last week and now to be hit with the high fevers, sore throat, cough thing, too. I'm hoping this is it for us. Wondering if it's too late for H1N1 vaccine. I'm definitely making the pumpkin bundt cake (yum!) Take care! Kathie

    ReplyDelete