The end of the school year is under way pretty much everywhere. We northerners have about six more weeks of school but some of you only have a couple weeks left. I wanted to share with you something that was suggested to me way back when my son oldest son was in kindergarten.
I'm sure many of you are aware of the book
Oh,The Places You'll Go ~
Dr. Seuss. Every year since kindergarten I have sent this book to school with my son in a manila envelope with a note attached explaining to the teacher why I'm sending it in. I ask the teacher to write a little note to Dash as I plan on giving it to him the day he graduates from high school. After next year it may become harder as that is when he will switch classes for every subject BUT he will have had 7 different teacher write some encouraging comments to him.
This year I plan on buying three more books! Spitfire will receive one as she is in kindergarten. I should have started hers in preschool. Twink will receive one as she is in preschool. Bebo will receive one as he is in 2nd grade. Jewel was older when I started this so she has no book! :( I'll have to think of something else special for her.
Hope you like the idea!
That's a wonderful idea! What a treasured keepsake that will be to have words of encouragement from every teacher that helped you on your way.
ReplyDeleteWhat a great Mama you are!
This is BRILLIANT! I am SO copying this idea... thank you for sharing it.
ReplyDeleteVery NEAT idea! This should win you something in some kind of contest! Our Senior Class was given this book (each one of us) by our Superintendent. All of our books are WET as it began POURING right in the middle of the ceremony!
ReplyDeleteHugs,
Leslie
CHeri, I am doing that for the boys, I think it was someone on the Boards who suggested it, right? I love it!
ReplyDeleteI love this! I can't wait to do it for my 3. Thanks for sharing it!
ReplyDeleteGreat idea! Thanks for sharing.
ReplyDelete