Wednesday, November 19, 2008

So Far So Good

Things here are going very well so far. I would have to say the most challenging thing would be meal times. Twink wants to eat the minute the food is seen! Actually, I think the minute she smells it she starts to whine. :) She LOVES food. Twink starts off with the help of us bringing the spoon or fork to her mouth and she brings it up the rest of the way. She gets very frustrated if we do not keep "shoveling" the food in her mouth.
Bath time has been another issue. We can not get the cast wet at all. What I do is lay her on the counter while holding her head over the sink. That is the easiest way to wash her hair. As for washing her body, I stand her up in the sink and wash her from the waist down. She hates having her hair washed so she totally hates this new way of bath time!
We have had extra OT and the therapist is thrilled to see the movement in her hand. She is still have some trouble keeping her thumb out but we have some stretchy therapy "tape" that is helping keep it out. Over all, we are thrill with the progress. I can't wait to see where we are at in four weeks! :)

1 comment:

  1. I am glad to hear that things are still going well. You are doing a wonderful job.
    God bless you
    Emily

    ReplyDelete