Can the cast come off yet!?!? Ok, Twink's frustration level this week is at it's peak. Did I mention MY frustration level is at it's peak? The little one has figured out that she can use her casted fingers to do things that she couldn't the last two weeks. You see they didn't bring the cast down as far on her finger tips this last time so she is doing a wee bit more with her left hand.
She is still using her right hand which is awesome. Actually she is using both hands which is even better. That is actually the goal for this whole thing. I do believe that it may take another series of casting in the future but we will see. Twink's right thumb still gets tucked and I wonder if it's because she held it in that position for so long. We actually have some elastic tape to use that helps pull the thumb out instead of her big bulky splint.
The good thing, we should have the cast off for Christmas! We see her developmental doctor in two weeks. We will then see if she needs AFO's (special braces for her feet/legs). They PT wanted to give her a couple more months of actually walking. Twink as of LATE November has only been walking for ONE year. I'm sure she will need them as nothing has change and in her last report from her regular PT her muscles have actually become worse.
I learned a secret from someone somewhere along all of this. I keep a binder with all of Twink's medical recorders in them. All of her tests, her reports, and early intervention. It has become very helpful for having it all at my finger tips. She has so much going on and so many tests that it just easier to say well here is this and here is that. So that is my tip of the year! LOL
Hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving!
She is still using her right hand which is awesome. Actually she is using both hands which is even better. That is actually the goal for this whole thing. I do believe that it may take another series of casting in the future but we will see. Twink's right thumb still gets tucked and I wonder if it's because she held it in that position for so long. We actually have some elastic tape to use that helps pull the thumb out instead of her big bulky splint.
The good thing, we should have the cast off for Christmas! We see her developmental doctor in two weeks. We will then see if she needs AFO's (special braces for her feet/legs). They PT wanted to give her a couple more months of actually walking. Twink as of LATE November has only been walking for ONE year. I'm sure she will need them as nothing has change and in her last report from her regular PT her muscles have actually become worse.
I learned a secret from someone somewhere along all of this. I keep a binder with all of Twink's medical recorders in them. All of her tests, her reports, and early intervention. It has become very helpful for having it all at my finger tips. She has so much going on and so many tests that it just easier to say well here is this and here is that. So that is my tip of the year! LOL
Hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving!
Praying for you and your family!
ReplyDeletePraying frustration levels go down. Great idea with the binder...I'm guessing if you can put together a dossier a medical binder will be a snap!
ReplyDelete