Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Answered Prayers!

**Be sure to have your volume turned on so you know what is going on**

We hope you enjoyed our children’s reaction as much as we did. Spitfire was a little hesitant at first but after about 20 minutes really came around. We wish we had captured some of things she was saying then because her excitement was really starting to show.
So, we always knew we would go back for our son but just didn’t know the timing. God does however and his timing is perfect and it is now. The Count and I started to seriously talk about it a few months ago. The conversations first started to lean towards opening our home to foster care and then before we knew it were discussing the possibilities of adopting again from China. Going back was something we knew we would do but probably wait a few years. As we talked we started to ask why we were waiting a few years. Now was the time. Twink has made huge strides and continues to show even further improvement almost daily. My health with my neck will always have certain limitations but am about as healed as I will get. The Count will be done with school later this year so now is the time.
We had started a new blog about a month ago for this new journey and we’ll open that up once China approves us. We thought the Lord was opening certain doors with a certain child but after several weeks, realized this was not God’s plan for us. Our new path has led us to a little 6 year old boy. We officially accepted his referral today. We have worked on our paperwork over the last few weeks and most of it is done and ready to go. Our hope is to travel in early January of next year to bring him home. We always wished that we brought Jewel when we brought Twink home so this time we will bring her. We will write more later but please keep us in your prayers as we embark on this new journey.
When we have our approval from China we will be able to post more about our little guy. As for the name, we are still working on that one. Just when we think we have one we change it! LOL

8 comments:

  1. Praise God! Oh the video was so sweet, I loved ALL the reactions to the news!!! Thank you for sharing and congratulations! So excited for you all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations!!!! What wonderful news! Can't wait to hear more about your new son!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE it!!! The reaction from your son was priceless and your daughter...lol...funny. That was my reaction when my mom called from the hospital to tell me I had a new little brother :) I even shed a few tears. Of course I love him now! I'm very excited for you family!
    God bless you!
    Tonya

    ReplyDelete
  4. Praise God!! I love the videos!!! Those are priceless!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love these videos!!!!!

    and feed that girl. LOL she really did have food on her mind didn't she?!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thats so exciting. Im so happy for you guys. You'll definetly be in our prayers

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love to know one more child is coming home to his family.

    I can't wait to see and find out more.

    Beth
    AWAA TX
    Home w/ 2 from China

    ReplyDelete
  8. I loved all of your children's reactions. And she is definitely coming around if she wants him to sleep in her room. :)

    ReplyDelete