Friday, May 8, 2009

Looking Back

Part of our reason for blogging is so that we can journal about what is going on in each of our childrens lives. It's a bit different when we blog about Twink. We are actually able to look back and see how far she has come. During the last year Twink has had many therapies and doctors appointments. There are times when we feel like she has made very little progress. Thankfully for this blog we are able to go back and actually see, it is amazing.


As I was reading your comments about Twinks casting, Jeanette's reminded me of something. Twink HAS made some huge improvements with the use of her right hand. I looked back at some of the video we had taken when she had her very first cast placed. We are amazed by this child. With the first cast she could barely grasp and pick things up. Add to the fact she could not raise her arm up very far. Her therapies have brought her a long way.


We now look at her with her third cast on and can compare the difference. In less than a week of having her cast on she was able to finish all of her oatmeal using her right arm on her own this morning! I did have to place the spoon in her hand but after that she was determined to do it on her own. One year ago she could not even attempt this.

If she is as good as she was yesterday, I'll try to get video of her eating her breakfast. Then you can see for yourself.

1 comment:

  1. As a fellow AWAA mom to be I love reading the progress of your little one. It helps to read about others who walk through the repairs that special needs will bring. Thanks for blogging about this!

    Happy Mothers Day!

    ReplyDelete