Monday, June 29, 2009

Dragon Boat Festival 2009

Yesterday we went to our local FCC Dragon Boat Festival. The little ones had a great time. I think I caught a glimps of Jewel and The Count sitting at a picnic table. :) The weather was wonderful and the food was great! No melt downs from my children which was even better! LOLTwink found this streamer and was in heavan! She played with this for an hour until someone steped on it and it ripped in two. I thought for sure we would have a melt down but we went over and ate a cookie. ;)
Here is Spitfire getting her nails painted at the nail station. I'm pretty sure she did not see the face painting station or I'd have a picture of her with some sort of face painting. I was not brave enough to have Twinks fingers painted. We have only done toes and that was once. I'd like to try fingers at home and not in front of a public audience.
Here is little *S* and her super cute dragon boat! You've got to love that tail! :)

Here is *C* and her super cool dragon! LOVE the fire coming out of his mouth. Looks so real! She has another dragon hot on her tail.
Look at all those awesome dragon boats getting ready to race! Due to Twinks sensory issues *I* opted not to make one for her this year. I would like to give her one more year in hopes that things will be better next year. She is not real cool with unknown things going over her head. More than anything I wanted her to go and have fun even if she was just there wandering around. We'll try it next year. The main thing is she had fun and there were no tears! :)

7 comments:

  1. sounds like a wonderful day. and it was good that bob and taylor were there also. so glad there were no meltdowns. makes it so much easier on you all. love joan and bob

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cookies solve all kinds of problems. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like so much fun!! I am glad she did so well and there were no meltdowns!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I love this idea for a dragon boat race!!! We do plastic boats down a creek. LOL

    As long as she has fun, isn't that all that matters? Does in my book.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is the sweetest thing ever! Oh, I would love for us to have something like that around here.
    Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this! I hope to get into a group once Anna Grace gets home!

    ReplyDelete