Monday, June 8, 2009

Omega 3 6 9

I would like to thank all of you for your wonderful comments and suggestions. You've been a great deal of help. I must admit, just writing all of that out helped immensely.

Things here the last week have been wonderful! Twink started the omegas a week ago this past Saturday and we have seen such a HUGE difference. We started them in hopes for her speech but we have received an added bonus. There are many benefits to taking omegas but the one Twink is receiving the most is a mood stabilization! We have had maybe a handful of tantrums this WEEK! That's right, I said week! People, we would have more than a handful a day!! She is a happy child. Playing, laughing and smiling all the time. Twink was able to go to Dash's baseball game on Saturday and we did not have one problem with her! :) We are also taking some of the suggestions and applying them where needed.

I'm not one to promote ANYTHING but I am a firm believer in omegas now! I'm not really sure my husband was at first but he's sold. We are actually giving them a try on our almost 5 yr old. If you'd like to read about all the benefits omegas have you can read them here. ** I am not promoting what they are selling on their site as I do not know anything about their product nor have we ever used it. We use Nordic Naturals.** If you have a child that tantrums and try it let me know how it works for your child.

IMPORTANT-As always check with your childs doctor before starting them on any supplements. There are certain health conditions that omegas could have adverse reactions to like diabetes and blood clotting disorders. Be safe and double check.
Thanks again for your support! It means the world to us!

4 comments:

  1. Oh so very very interesting!!!! I think we might have to try this in July.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you found some success with this! We haven't used omegas, but I do know that our mostly preservative free diet helps the Tongginator so, so much. When she eats processed foods, the tantrums, they get a-rolling.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh and I forgot to add that my DH takes omegas for his excema and it really does help. I think we underestimate the usefulness of natural elements that God has provided on the earth for us!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OK so I went to CVS pharmacy tonight and all I could find that was chewable was Omega 3. In order to take 6 and 9 he was going to have to swallow a capsule which would not work at all. So I bought the chewy gummy Omega 3s. Do you think just the O3 will work? I guess we have a case study on our hands. I will let you know.

    ReplyDelete