

As I look at the first picture it brings back so many memories! I can't believe it's been three months! Where has the time gone! Oh yeah, with therapies and appointments but I wouldn't change it for the world! LOL You can see the pain and grief in Twink's face in the first picture. What you can't see is my sadness for her. I had been crying tear of joy and amazement that she was indeed walking and we finally had her in our arms but at this point they had turned to tears of sadness. We were not the people she wanted or could comfort her. She knew nothing of us and was terrified! We had some very hard days after metcha day! I think it was about day four where she started to come around a bit more but def. by the time we got Guangzhou things were much better!
Three months later, look at us! She loves me, she really loves me! :) She has loved daddy from night one but I not so! It really bothered me for awhile but I knew that it would get better and it has. Now she is attached to my hip I swear! Faith is what has gotten us through those dark days! Encouragement from many friends and family while still in China and when we first arrived home was priceless!
For those of you who are about to leave for China or have left (not that you'll have time to read blogs now) know if you have a child that responded like Twink things do get better. There is a light at the end of the road! Some roads are longer some are shorter. Just stay strong in the Lord and try to let the moment pass. We know it will, we've been home three months Monday! We're living proof!
Congratulations on 3 months home...You can see such a light in Lia's eyes today...thank you for the reminder on my expectations of Gotcha Day.
ReplyDelete