Tuesday, March 11, 2008

One Picture Says It ALL






Our house has the flu! Notice only five boxes of medication for six members of our family. Well our Dash had it last week and shared it with the rest of the family. He is finally back at school after missing 4 out 5 days last week. We didn't piece everything together last week or maybe we could have avoided some of this. We've manage to keep Twink's temp under 101 but it has been a struggle. Spitfire and Jewel have been running as high as 103.3 and I'm just starting to feel lousy. So hopefully the Tamaflu kicks in. The Count has fared well in this so far and is feeling great. Hopefully the Tamaflu works well for him also.


We leave for Boston in TWO WEEKS! I can hardly believe it! Where has the time gone? If Twink was going to have a seizure of any kind I'm glad she did it before we went to Boston that way can talk to the doctor there and see what he says. We will probably have to have her be followed by a regular neurologist for on going medical care. At least that is what her regular doctor said yesterday.


So hopefully this will be behind us in a couple of days and everyone will be better. Spring is almost here and I so can't wait! If I could open all of my windows to air out my house without getting frost bite I would. :)
We received many e-mails and phone calls over the past couple of days concerning Twink and what had happened Friday. I can't thank you enough for all of the support you all have given us. What a wonderful group of friends you all are! Thank you for your thoughts and prayers, they helped us through a pretty dark day. If I think about it too much it's too much to handle! Prayer helps a ton though. Thanks again everyone!

2 comments:

  1. I would swear we're connected and living almost the same life.

    Hope you all are feeling better soon. Tamiflu seems to work wonders. JM is finally allowed out of his room today, it's day 5 of flu for him and all online places said contagious period ends by day 4 or 5. LOL Without Tamiflu.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just wanted you to know that my daughter adopted from China had a severe pychotic reaction to Tamiflu. Please be careful. It is terrible. I posted about it recently. Also I am praying for lia...our daughter may behavign seizures or something too and we are about to have an EEG>

    Kim

    ReplyDelete