





Well we have a ton to be thankful for here at our house! We saw Dr. Scott at Children's Hospital Boston and he was so wonderful! Twink does not have an arachnoid cyst but does have cystic pockets where the stroke damaged her brain! There will be no surgeries for her. He confirmed that she did indeed have a stroke. She does have a few cysts due to the stroke but it is nothing to worry about. The damage is not pressing on her brain which is good. If it had then they would do some kind of surgery. All her arteries look good from what he could see. The MRA wasn't a complete study so he was speaking for what he saw. He did say he could see why China thought it was an arachnoid cyst. The CT scan shows an arachnoid cyst because it was a lower level of a scan. The MRI shows a lot more and confirms a stroke. China only did the CT scan so that is why we had an arachnoid cyst diagnosis. Dr. Scott did say she should do very well with her therapies. She has come along way and he said that was very promising!
The girls did great going to Boston except the last 1/2 hr. As you can see from the pictures above they were not very happy towards the end of the trip going there. They slept great and did wonderful on the way home! Hopefully this will be the last time we have to go to Boston! Thanks for all your support and prayers!
Wow, PTL for such positive results. Love the Easter pic's. Love Traci
ReplyDeleteWOW-That is so great Cheri!!! So happy for the news!!!
ReplyDeleteI have been waiting for the news ... SO happy it is positive! I found your blog through RQ ~ All your kiddos are precious and I love reading about your adventures!
ReplyDeleteClaire
Mom to twins (Guangdong),
Kate and Annie
Oh Cheri...that is wonderful news. I have had those same thoughts about our girl (not being a cyst)...I know we have talked of this before, it definitely takes a MRI to see the true picture. I am thrilled for your excellent prognosis, and thank you for sharing your insights with me :)
ReplyDeleteWonderful wonderful news!!!
ReplyDeleteHey Sis, Great News! BTW, I love these pics of the two of them crying LOL! I dunno why, but it just looks so funny. Love ya Lots!
ReplyDelete~Toni
Sorry for the late post . . . I am so happy for you guys! Love all the pictures. I need to do some major updating on the Lokar blog! You guys all look so wonderful. Best to your family. Kathie Lokar
ReplyDelete