Sunday, November 23, 2008

White Thanksgiving!





Well the snow started falling Friday and this is what we woke up to on Saturday. Not a real lot but enough for the kids to play outside. Plus it was actually cold enough where it did not melt the minute the sun came out. This is the first year Spitfire has really enjoyed playing out in the snow. Last year she didn't mind it but this year she begs to go out. Only problem is her little face gets so chapped from the cold. After she is all bundled up she reminds me of the little boy in the movie The Christmas Story who could barely walk after getting all his snow clothes on! LOL Ok so she is not that bad but it is still cute to see her all bundled.
As I was taking these pictures the snow was still falling, big beautiful flakes. These are my favorite shots from that morning. We are suppose to receive snow on and off the rest of the week. Did I tell you I can't stand to drive when it is snowing?!?! I'd rather just be a shut in for 5 months. OK, so it doesn't snow here everyday but when it's not snowing it's cold! LOL I'm looking forward to spring or a above average warm winter. ;) A girl can hope can't she?

6 comments:

  1. Oh CHeri! I am really, really jealous! We LOVE the snow! Everything about it!!! Enjoy it am throw a snowball for me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great pictures! They look like they are having such a ball!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous pics! I'll just enjoy the snow in your pics and not worry about the driving ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. NOT a lot?! *faint* That just about qualifies for a blizzard down south. ;)

    great photos!

    ReplyDelete
  5. just love those pics. traci just got me on to her sight . kera is so cute in that snowsuit and i love the blue on noah.

    love to all. joan and bob

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh I'm so jealous! we haven't had snow in such a long time! I think the last real snow we got was when Alex was just a year old (5 years ago!). We've had a VERY cold November...maybe we'll see snow this year?!

    ReplyDelete