Monday, March 3, 2008

No Pity Parties, Please!

Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.
Hebrews 11:1
(NKJV)
I wanted to thank all of you who e-mailed, called or said a prayer for us. Your encouragement has been wonderful! There are some out there though that I get a feeling of pity. Please do not feel sorry for us or for Twink. If there is one thing you do not know about us is that our faith is very strong and I know that Twink will rise above this to the best of her ability. We knew going into this that there was a chance she had a stroke but even the doctor thought she looked too good to have had a stroke. We didn't even think she was walking and on Metcha Day we found out she was. We chose to trust in the Lord, hopefully you all will too. If you have not met Twink or have only seen her once or twice then you do not know the true Twink. Just because she has had a stroke does not mean her mentality has been affected. She can still understand what you’re saying, she throws a pretty good temper tantrum when she doesn't get her way and she has shown us that she can love us. She has grown so much in (next week makes 3 months) 2.3 months that it would make your head spin.

For her uncertainty of the speech - she said "Mama" and continues to say it! She also tries to say "hi". That is without any ST! That starts this week. So I will continue to have faith that my baby girl will over come many of these obstacles. She may have bumps along the way but her dad, sisters, brother and I will be here with through it all.

2 comments:

  1. AMEN!!!

    I love how you are given something encouraging right after doctors say "maybe not"

    {hug}

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amen to that! God is so much bigger than a diagnosis~

    Thanks for your prayers and encouragement during our TA wait...

    ReplyDelete