I stand in awe that Twink is doing as well as she is with her constraint therapy. The Lord is so good and I see him working with Twink!
Twink reacted much like we suspected she would at the doctors office. As you can see in the pictures in the post below she was angry. She did not want us restraining the arm and then when she could not get the cast off, OH MAN! She held her arm up in front of me and yelled. I imagined she was telling me that she did not like it and she wanted it off right now. That's when she proceeded to throw herself on the floor. I felt bad, but not as bad as some of the other things I've had to do. She finally let me pick her up and I looked at the OT as she is telling me instructions of how to cut it off it is just too much over the weekend. I looked her in the eye and told her that we she would be OK and that she will do well with it. I'm not sure she heard me through Twink's screams but I did hear her repeat that she will do well.
We left her office and Twink relaxed. When we returned home Twink was running around and playing with Spitfire like nothing even happened. Jewel yelled upstairs to tell me that she was signing with her right hand. Sure enough, she was. She was trying all sorts of different things that she had never done with it before.She was building block towers, opening doors (pull down handle) and pushing buttons.
Things have gone much easier than we could have ever imagined! We really thought she would have fought us longer but I am so relieved. She has been happy and playing like the cast is not even on. She is even trying to feed herself which is a bit hard but she is getting better at. I'm speechless with Twink's strength and determination. She is stronger than any child that I know and yet she has weakness on one side of her body. God has made her perfect in every way.
Thanks to all of you who have been praying for us. We have felt those prayers. I pray that Twink continues to stay as relaxed about the casting as she starts therapy's this week. I will post more pictures later in the week. I will also do a video update on Fridays. The video below is from Friday night just hours after the casting. Look at Twink go! :) Speechless
WOW!!!
ReplyDeleteThat is SO AWESOME.
ReplyDeleteOh Cheri, what wonderful news! Her giggles in the video are priceless!!! Thank you for sharing!!!
ReplyDeleteHow cute! I love listening to her laugh! I am soooo glad that things are going well. Just think... this is just the beginning!!!
ReplyDelete