Tuesday, April 29, 2008

A Brag Session!







This past Saturday our older two children participated in our churches bible quizzing event against one other church. They have been studying the word of Geneses since September and all of their hard work lead up to Saturday. Jewel has been doing bible quizzing for 6 years ( I think ) and this is Dash's second year of quizzing. Jewel received a bronze trophy on the blue level and a place on the zone team! Unfortunately my Dash did not get a trophy and as you can see from the group picture above he was the only one from our church who did not receive one! I must say he was pretty bummed to be the only one not to get one. I must admit it tugs pretty hard at these momma heart string to see your baby so sad! I get great comfort in knowing that he is getting so much more than a trophy out of doing this! He is learning the word of the Lord! What a reward that is but how do tell that to a hurting 9 yr old who wants more than anything ONE trophy! He is doing so much better this year than he did last year and he know almost all of his memory verses! He does have another chance in a week and a half. If you could all keep him in your prayers that would be wonderful! The other children from our church took gold in the red level and tied for gold and silver in the blue level! All of them will compete in the next quiz!

3 comments:

  1. Now that is something to be proud of!

    Bible memorization is so vital, and I don't do enough of it!

    I can totally relate to not getting the trophy story... My momma heart bleeds for your little guy. Praying next week will be his week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WAY TO GO Taylor and Noah! Awesome job, and your Mom and Dad SHOULD be proud!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats to Taylor and you tell Noah that he is still "prize worthy" in my book! Love the pics.

    Hugs,
    Jonni

    ReplyDelete