Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Still Here!

It's been awhile since my last post. We were suppose to see the neurosergeon on Friday but that didn't happen one because they are incompetent and two they over book! So we will not be going back to see that doctor. It would have been our last appointment with him anyways as we did not like him from our first and only visit. Twink will now see a neurologist for her follow up care.


Twink went for her second appointment with the neuro-developmental doctor yesterday and it went very well. She said she saw HUGE improvements in her from the last appointment. (Twink had only been home just shy of a month) We did do the hip x-ray and she is setting us up with an audiologist. She decided on her own that she did not want to do the autism test (which I was not going to let her do at this point). She said she wanted to give her more time to adjust which is what I've been saying all along!


We have had a couple small break throughs with some sensory issues. First off Twink has not walked outside since we left China! For what ever reason she will not walk here. Maybe she has gotten used to us carrying her but she will not do it. The other day we were at our neighbors house and all the kids were outside playing and she decided she wanted to get down and cruise the yard! Hey, I was all for it as long as she didn't step in their dogs poop! LOL Second thing is we have been giving her a bath with Spitfire to try and see if that helps with the stress level. Today is the first day I was able to get through 95% of her bath without hysterical crying! She played, laughed and splashed! WoooHooo! Oh, I how I pray this continues. We never know how she will react to anything! I will take these and run with them! One good day helps me on the bad days!


Last but not least these are a couple of pictures of dresses I've been making! Spitfire is my model with the hopes one day Lia will be. I'm thinking of opening an Etsy shop and selling them. I love these as they are so fun to make!


4 comments:

  1. YAY on the progress, and those dresses turned out so cute! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. we havent had our computer for 2 days. so glad there was another update. yeah.

    wanted to tell you again how much i loved the dresses.

    it was great to be with you all last thurs.

    glad to hear about the break throughs.

    much love. joan and bob

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm checking in every day to see how y'all are doing. I'm glad to hear of the progress. Hang in there... I know it's tough, especially when you and a child are trying to bond to one another and all this extra "stuff" is happening. But it CAN be done. And it sounds as if you are doing everything you can... time and prayer will do the rest. Hugs to you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh how I remember those days with our fragile Cana. It was those good days and God's strength that helped us survive. She's still a little unpredictable but getting better as each day passes.

    Those milestones are huge!! Yippee!!!

    Love the dresses! I've been having fun making pinafores for the girls and wanted to try the pillowcase dresses next. You should totally sell them on Etsy...they are really cute!!
    Blessings, stacy

    ReplyDelete