Thursday, April 3, 2008

Looks Good!

After three hours at the pediatric cardiologist, one EKG and one echo cardiogram a VERY nice doctor came in the room to tell me that Twink's heart looks great! Thank you Lord for answered prayers! He did ask if anyone has done any blood studies on her and I told him no. So I'm wondering if we will be doing blood studies next to rule out further strokes.

So I was writing to a few friends today about what all Twink has had done since she has been home. Let me list them here so you can see for yourselves. Let me add that Twink has only been in the states for 3 1/2 months!

Has Had or Seen
Sees a Developmental Doctor
Sees a Family Doctor
Sees a Neurosurgeon
Went for a 2nd opinion with a Neurosurgeon in Boston
Saw a pediatric eye doctor
Saw a Pediatric Cardiologist
Had two sedated MRI's/MRA
Had an EEG
Had an EKG
Had an Echo cardiogram
Had labs drawn for her titers for immunizations while sedated (MRA)
Had febrile seizure that lasted 60+ minutes
Rode in an ambulance
Visited our ER
Has OT, PT, SP and a teacher come to the house

Still Needs
Pediatric Orthopedic Doctor
Pediatric Neurologist (will take over for the neurosurgeon)
Pediatric Dentist (should be FUN!!)
Audiologist
Hip X-ray
Poss. Pediatric Hematologist
WHO KNOWS WHAT ELSE!!

So as you can see we have been very busy! Twink has been to some doctors probably every other week since we have been home. I look forward to the day when the appointments slow down. As for now we just plug along doing what we need to do for our daughter! We may tire but her smile gives us strength.

4 comments:

  1. We are right behind you friend! Today we head to the dr to get a stool culture to check for parasites! Fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So happy to read about how all is progressing. Our God is amazing, so is your daughter, and so are all of you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am still amazed at how much she has had done! I was overwhelmed with the few Katie had to see, and just amazed at your strength here. The day will come when all the appointments are MUCH less.

    {hug}

    ReplyDelete
  4. If you saw my previous post, cool. I just decided that I didn't want that first sentence on the internet in order to protect my secret identity!

    anyways, great looking blog! I love meeting other adoptive families.

    ReplyDelete