Friday, July 25, 2008

Check It Out!

Thanks to Carla I have a wonderful new look for my dress site! What do you think? If you need a blog design she does an amazing job! I have to add a few things but I will have it up and running in no time!

Twink is doing some exciting things. We have been doing some sign language with her for some time now. Well she is actually starting to use it!!! Last night she signed play after I signed it. She can't actually make the Y formation but she shook her little fist in the right direction and I KNEW what she was doing. Right after that she signed EAT! First time she has done that by herself. I could hardly contain my excitement. I was jumping up and down and "Yeah Twink" when I realized what she was doing. Can you imagine me running around my kitchen trying to find her some thing to eat? LOL Last week she signed please on command. She only does these signs when SHE is in the mood. So it really varies. Everything she signs is one handed but that is OK right now, I'm excited to know what she is thinking. She is starting to really try and repeat words. Many times she does so with out opening her mouth but today she floored the ST and I and repeat GOAT! We couldn't believe our ears! It was clear as day. WoooHooo Twink!

Since the seizure Twink has started to cry when we go to put her down for a nap or at bedtime. I'm not really sure of the reason and it does not last long but she really tries to cling to my neck. I've tried to rock with her but eventually I have to put her to bed and it starts all over. It makes me sad that she is that upset about something.

I've also decided to start a binder to keep track of all of her medical records. I've received her MRI, MRA, EKG, Echo, Dr reports, IE and plan on keeping them to reference to if needed. Hopefully I'll have a report of her hearing tests sometime next month. Still trying to reschedule the surgery. I figure with all that is going on with her it would be best to keep everything in one place and I can take it from doctor to doctor.

Looking forward to a relaxing weekend! Hope you all have a great one. We have planned a weekend getaway with our kids next month and we are looking forward to it very much! Oh I can't wait to relax!

1 comment:

  1. Cheri,
    Keep using those signs!! When we first started using them with Sha Sha she only did them when prompted as well. But know (we started in Feb.) she is even putting 2 together. She also picks more and more up. I think she has about 30 or so now. She wants to talk to us and this lets her. We still always reinforce the word at the same time and try to get her to do both. The Baby Einstein Video-my first signs and Baby Wordsworth are great for signs to. Charlotte learned some from the video without me teaching her. Also there is a series called Signing Times, you can google to buy the video and it comes on a lot of PBS channels. Good luck and so glad to hear she is progressing. Baby steps are the best. That is what I tell myself constantly, especially with the feeding, baby steps, Carla.

    ReplyDelete