Here we are with high fevers again! We were up all night because this mama could not sleep with the thought that Twink could have a seizure in the middle of the night and need me. Daddy didn't get much sleep either because he was getting medicine for her all night.
I put her to bed about 8:30pm full of Motrin and went and checked on her at 10:30pm. She was hot to the touch. So I took her out of her crib and she slept with me, or should I say laid on me awake most of the night & early morning. We were alternating the Tylenol and Motrin and neither were bringing her fever down under 100.5*F. At one point about an hour and a half after the Motrin Lia spiked up to 102.4*F. When her little body starts to shake (rigors in nursing terms) it makes this mama really nervous. I can't stand the thought of another seizure and losing everything that she has gained in the last two weeks. Right now we are just praying. I'm sure if she was going to have another seizure due to a fever she would have had it by now so we are just watching her closely. I do believe that she is cutting a two year molar (reason for last fevers) but I thought they usually ran low grade fevers with teething! I don't think she knows what low grade is! LOL I'll keep you all posted.
Oh Im sooo sorry. Thats scary. I will be praying for you.
ReplyDeleteOh I am so sorry ! These little ones never seem to catch a break from "something"
ReplyDeleteI will be praying for a fever-free restful night for all!
OH NO!!!! Will be praying for her (and you all as well).
ReplyDeleteGoodness, I left you that long comment about the DVD set and I forgot to tell you what it was called. WOW! lol. It's called "Bounce!"
ReplyDeleteM.
Sounds like JoJo from our travel group... HIGH fevers every time she teethed. I'm sorry and I'll pray for sleep for you and no seizures.
ReplyDeleteOh honey, I'm praying. How is she doing now?
ReplyDeleteSounds like my Timothy. He always spiked HIGH, HIGH fevers (like 104 was totally normal for him..still is at almost 11yrs. old)...even when his teeth were coming in. I know the drs. said there was no way his teeth would do this but it happened every time.
Hang in there!!