Tuesday, July 22, 2008

On Going Tests!

Twink went to the neurologist late in the day yesterday. He told me he was surprised to see us so soon. We saw him less than a month ago. I was told by our family practice doctor that the neuro doctor was expecting her to have more seizures but did not know when.

The plan is to do another EEG and see what the out come of that is. He would then start her on a medication called Keppra. The doctor said there is little side effects, no blood draws and if it is the seizures he thinks she is having she'll have to be on the medication for quite some time. He said he does not believe they are febrile (just like every other doctor who cares for Twink) because with febrile one side of the body is not usually affected, it's usually both. With Twink's, hers start out as one sided. Also a 102.5 F is not considered a high enough fever to throw her body into a febrile seizure. Usually they are much higher.

So as you can see, her surgery was canceled! I have no idea when they will reschedule! I don't know the reason they canceled because I have not talked to anyone at the office. I sure hope to hear some thing today. I pray that it does not take another 6 wks to get it scheduled. I am frustrated!

1 comment:

  1. it has been a rough go i know , cheri. continue to hang in there. so glad this all didnt happen when family was here.

    we leave tomorrow and will be back on the 29. if there is anything we can do for you after, let us know. love joan and bob

    of course you are all in our prayers always.

    ReplyDelete