Today, one of my sweet baby girls (I have three your know) Spitfire went in for her pre-K physical. Not to mention her 4 year check up. :( She did great! Went through all the motions with flying colors. Couldn't figure out why she had to pee in a cup and hopefully she doesn't try this at home but she did it.
This is where the title comes into play. She had to have an eye exam done. The nurse pulled out the fancy card board with all the shapes and symbols on it and sits next to Spitfire and asks her what each one was. She was looking to see what her response was so when they did the actually test she would know if she knew the shapes or not. She was doing great. The lady pointed to some thing and asks Spitfire what it was and I hear Spitfire say "Jesus"! The nurse got a huge smile on her face and told her she was right. I had to stop and think for a minute. What would be on that board that she would call Jesus. It was a + sign. Spitfire is always making crosses which she calls Jesus. To my husband and I as a parent who are trying to bring our children up knowing the Lord it shows us that we are making a difference. Our soon to be 4yr old made a woman think about Jesus today! Who knows if she thinks about him ever! TODAY she thought about him and hopefully when she goes home she will think about our daughters comment. It warms my heart when you see or hear things come out of a childs mouth that are unprompted.
Oh and by the way she needs to go see the eye doctor! LOL She will be excited if the eye doctor tells her she needs glasses. As daddy was ordering his new pair she found a pair she like. Hannah Montana! She cried when we didn't buy them for her. I tried to tell her that she didn't need them yet and we needed to see an eye doctor first. She didn't want to hear it. Maybe I should get her hearing checked! ;) LOL
Precious story! I love it when the mouth of babes minister to another. God is so faithful like that :)
ReplyDeleteOh that is such a sweet story! It reminds me of when I had to take Christopher to the cardiologist when he was about 2 years old. While we were in the waiting room, someone wheeled in a very elderly woman who was all wrapped up in a blanket and had a towel draped over her head. When Christopher saw her he pointed at her and said in his super loud, not for waiting room voice..."Look mommy, it's Jesus"!
ReplyDeleteOh, this so touched my heart.
ReplyDelete