Wednesday, July 2, 2008

What A Week!

I must say that I am glad that last week is over! I don’t think I’ve been that busy since our trip to China. LOL Between doctor appointments, house hunting for our pastor to be, friends and family in town (sad to see them leave) we were some busy people.

I believe I’ve already updated you all on Twink’s appointments so there is no need to repeat myself. She is going in on the 22nd to have her ears drained and possibly have tubes put in. She will also have her sedated hearing test at that time. I’m thinking of asking to have the blood work drawn to see if she is at risk for more stokes while she is sedated. I’m praying this is the last time she’ll have to be sedated.

Twink only had one therapy last week and it gave her a much needed break. We have seen some huge break throughs with her this week. She is giving kisses when asked and also free will, she is stepping over things, she is using her right arm more and more to stabilize things, she is crawling with both arms, she is SPEAKING boo, uh-oh, ding-dong (ing-ong) and her favorite ga-ga. I’ve noticed a pattern also with her behavior. She gets very upset if we do not get her food or drink fast enough, during bath, and during changing time but that is up and down. Oh lets not forget if I tell her no and she REALLY wants it. I think we have had a really great week!

The Counts sister and brother both came from out of state with their families for a visit. We were lucky enough to spend two days with them. The kids had so much fun together and it’s always hard for my kids to say good bye to their cousins.





On Sunday we had Twink dedicated at church by our very special friend who moved to Florida last November. He was up officiating a wedding and agreed to do Twink’s dedication. He and his family are extremely special to us and we miss them immensely. We were lucky enough to have them over for dinner Sunday evening. Our children love to play together but hate to say good-bye as do we!

This week is much quieter other than I drove the kids down to our church camp for the day on Monday. It was a day filled with fun activities for the kids





2 comments:

  1. Im glad you enjoyed your week with your family. Thanks for the past 3 comments you sent me. you have a great weekend too

    ReplyDelete