Wednesday, July 30, 2008
WHY??
I'm sitting here tonight looking over some of my video from Twink's Metcha Day in China. I was dumbfounded by something I had never noticed before but KNEW while I was there. I remember telling EVERYONE in that room and asking a question that was answered with a no! In my video I saw a man fixing Twink's hair to make her look beautiful for us. I thought in the video it was one of the directors but it was not! It was her FOSTER DAD! I am heart broken that our guide did not tell us who he was. I asked him if that's who was over there and I was told no. I had this gut feeling the way he was hovering over her, you could just tell. To have had a picture of all of us together would have been priceless. To communicated a few words would have been priceless! I can not describe my feelings. I am just so saddened. I wonder what he thought when we didn't speak to him! :(
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Yes Carla, that was the foster dad. That is why she wouldn't turn and look at us. She was still watching him. :(
ReplyDeleteCher, maybe he asked not to be introduced.... because it would be too hard... emotionally. I mean it sounds like they had gotten really emotionally attatched to her. Maybe they thought it would be too painful for the foster family? You could always write them another letter thanking them for taking such good care of her and letting them know that you recognized him as being the gentlman in the video. That you would have loved to have been introduced, but understand if it would have been too difficult. Just the fact that you have reached out to them and sent them pictures once, shows them how much you really care. I think you should drop them another line if it's really bothering you.
ReplyDeleteLove, Toni
WHY? Those are always the hardest questions to answer and usually there never is an answer that can satisfy our souls. Just rest in the fact that every moment of that special day was ordained by God and happened as He planned. Yes, it would have been so wonderful and meaningful to have a picture with the foster dad but we never know WHY God allows circumstances and situations to happen the way they do. I can understand how your heart must be breaking over the whole thing and I am so sorry.
ReplyDeleteI was just remembering our guide coming over and stumbling over the "when she's upset like that she like a bottle nipple without the bottle" thing...HAD TO HAVE come from the foster dad, and his anguish that he knew she needed something but to get it lost in translation. I wonder if he HAD the paci with him? If so, he could have shown you. UGH. Or given it to you. Or something. KWIM?
ReplyDelete{HUG}
Oh, my heart is breaking for you. To be that close - wow. Little T was in the orphanage the whole time, or at least we think so. The orphanage director never really answered our question on that so I will always wonder. You have some video of him - that's awesome!! You will be able to share that with her.
ReplyDeleteHugs,
Carla
That must feel so difficult to come to terms with. I think Toni's possibility carries weight, though -- perhaps he just couldn't bear to meet y'all because he felt it might make the goodbye all the more painful. It doesn't change the outcome, however. Hugs to you as you absorb this. I'm so sorry you weren't able to talk with him.
ReplyDeleteI am so sorry honey. The good part os that you have him on the video but how sad that they did not tell you. I am so glad that you have had the opportuntiy to be in touch with them since then.
ReplyDeleteHugs,
Jonni