Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Echo Tomorrow!

Twink goes in tomorrow for her echo cardiogram! It should prove to be interesting due to the fact that she can't stand doctors or to have her shirt off! I'm really not sure how they are going to get an image, I hope they have some tricks. If you could say a prayer for us i would be forever grateful! By the way, this test is one to rule out the cause of the stroke.

We are looking at getting her some extra help for the sensory issues she seems to have. We are having a difficult time when it comes to getting her dressed, bathed, hair and teethed brushed, and diapers changed. All these things we need to do. She completely melts down when we have to do any one of these items. It so hard for me because she really is almost stronger than me since my surgery. If any of you have been there done that and have any suggestions please e-mail me or post in the comments.

Praying we have no surprises tomorrow!

2 comments:

  1. Hi -- I saw your post on RQ and wanted to say hello. Our daughter has sensory issues as well. She's been home three years and is doing great, but I remember our first year home. It was ROUGH! Just wanted to drop you a line to say I'm praying for you tonight. Many similarities -- our daughter was also in foster care with little stimulation. (Oh, and I agree with the advice on RQ. We did OT and it helped hugely! Several professionals thought our daughter was autistic as well; now it wouldn't occur to anyone at all. She's a mild/moderate sensory gal after two years of therapy/ three years home.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Always in our thoughts and prayers. LOVE The Carys

    ReplyDelete